Occupied Balochistan: The mother of a man who was allegedly arrested by Pakistani security agencies three years ago appealed to the United Nations, European Union and human rights organizations to act for his immediate recovery.
She said this in a press conference on Tuesday at a camp set up in support of missing persons outside the Quetta Press Club.
“I am a resident of the Tump area of Kech district. My 18-year-old son Abdul Wahab went missing some three years ago in the Siri Kan Belcha area while going to Turbat with two friends,” she said, adding that she had no contact with him since he went missing.
“We registered a case four days after he went missing in March 2009,” she told reporters.
She alleged that Wahab and his two friends, while on their way to Turbat, had been stopped by the Frontier Corps personnel, who checked their identity cards and arrested them.
“Two of his friends were released after three months,” she said, adding that Wahab was still missing.
“We are concerned about his safety and fear that secret agencies will kill him and his bullet-riddled body will be recovered some day,” she said. She criticised the government for its failure to ensure safety and freedom of citizens.
To a query, she said she would appear in a Supreme Court hearing being held in Quetta on July 9.
Bullet-riddled body found in Mastung: Balochistan Levies recovered a bullet-riddled body in the Dasht area of Mastung district on Tuesday. According to Levies officials, a patrol party spotted the body and shifted it to the Civil Hospital Quetta. The deceased was identified as Buland Khan, a resident of Sariab, Quetta. According to sources, Khan went missing some five days ago. A case was registered and further investigation was underway.
Source: Daily Times