The deal increases LUKoil’s stake in the facility to 80 percent. ERG will hold the remaining 20 percent.
ERG CEO Alessandro Garrone said the transaction enables ERG to downsize its presence in the refining business against the background of the ongoing crisis and further consolidate the group’s financial structure to support its future development projects during a difficult financial period.
The ISAB refining plants are part of the Priolo Gargallo (Syracuse) petrochemical complex, said to be one of the largest European industrial complexes, both in terms of complexity and size.
The Sicily refinery has a capacity of approximately 320,000 barrels per day.